Manitoba Masonry Contractors Association (MMCA)
The Manitoba Masonry Contractors Association is the communications resource supporting initiatives focused on: education & skills training, quality assurance, research, legislative reform and industry partnerships. As the voice for our provinces masonry contractors, MMCA's goal is to ensure a strong future for the masonry trade.
Your MMCA membership allows you to be a part of a united industry organization and comes with many benefits.
- Input into labor training issues, contract negotiations with local unions and into local industry issues and promotions.
- Access to safety seminars as well as other seminars of benefit to the industry, many of which are solely or jointly funded by MMCA.
- Your apprentices may be part of local, national and international skills competitions and be eligible to receive MMCA bursaries to compete.
- Access and exposure to professionals such as architects and structural designers through MMCA initiatives such as the Manitoba Masonry Design Awards.
- Opportunity to access your peers as industry sounding boards at general meetings and at MMCA social functions.
Your MMCA membership includes membership in CMCA. Some of the benefits of belonging to CMCA include:
- A window to the masonry industry on a whole; CMCA gets input from entire country.
- CMCA places an emphasis on education and maintenance of a well balanced national workforce.
- Input into apprenticeship curriculum and exams.
- Input into the development of industry standards, manuals and information packages.
- Subscription to the quarterly publication “Masonry”.
- Support in lobbying for building codes and standards upgrades/updates.
Your MMCA membership includes partnership in CMDC. Some of the benefits of belonging to CMDC include:
- Access to structural design engineers to help you iron out potential problems during the pre-construction stage and beyond.
- Coordinated research at various Universities for the advancement in masonry design.
- With participation locally by MMCA members, funding is provided to the faculty of Engineering at the U of M and other institutions across the country. This co-coordinated effort helps prevent needles duplication of funding.
Manitoba Masonry Institute (MMI)
Your MMCA membership automatically includes membership in MMI.